Ellinogermaniki Agogi and the Institute of Geodynamics of the National Observatory of Athens,
with the support of the Institute of Educational Policy, organised the educational competition “Build your own Seismograph 2020” for secondary education students, in the framework of the projects “Open Schools of Open Societies” and ” School Network Alerts Citizens ” and with the support of the European OpenAIRE-Advanced project. Groups of students, in collaboration with their teachers, built an improvised seismograph and recorded the process in a presentation accompanied by audiovisual material. Visit the website of the contest: Seismografos.ea.gr
The teachers and their students were then invited to write scientific articles describing the scientific method they followed for their successful participation in the competition. All articles of the winning teams were presented in a special issue of Open Schools for Open Science (OSJ). All articles are in Greek.
The ten works that stood out are presented by the participating teachers within the Conference in a special virtual event, on Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 10.00-12:00 CET.
The winning schools are:
- Junior High School and High School Classes of Magoula, Karditsa
- American Farm High School Thessaloniki
- 1st High School of Kessariani, Athens
- 4th Primary School of Almyros and 12th Primary School of Volos (collaboration of the two schools)
- 27th Primary School of Volos and 4th Primary School of Nea Ionia, Volos (collaboration of the two schools)
- Primary School of Giannitsochori, Ilia
- 1st Primary School of Igoumenitsa
- 2nd Primary School of Mandra, Attica
- 5th Primary School of Rhodes
- Vocational School of Karditsa
|10.05-10.15||“Open Schools for an Open Society” Dr Georgia Fermeli, Institute of Educational Policy|
|10.15-10.30||“Schools study earthquakes” Dr Gerasimos Chouliaras, Research Director of the Institute of Geodynamics of the National Observatory of Athens|
|10.30-11.45||Schools present their Seismographs|
|11.45-12.00||Schools present their Scientific Articles from their special issue OSJ|
Anyone interested in watching the virtual event can visit on Sunday, November 8, 2020 the EA YouTube channel.
The event will be presented in Greek. You can download the programme of the event in Greek, here.